Monday 26 December 2016

Memories Of Holidays In Malta – Part Two

Gozo, Malta

If you like sandy beaches you can find them on Malta, but they are few and far between and quite small. The one that I remember visiting is Golden Sands. I think that one is the biggest but it was only a few hundred yards across. For a beach holiday you really need to check carefully if you don’t want to be disappointed. Topless sunbathing was banned in Malta, but I did visit a nudist beach there once.

There is also a splash pool park with some pools and slides, a cafe and a small funfair. I went there in 1990 on a day trip with the hotel. I thought that I was being clever finding a large umbrella to keep me out of the sun but the sun moves and the umbrellas don’t. By midday I was fully exposed to the hot sun and without a hope of finding any shade in the busy place. By the end of the afternoon I had little bubble blisters on my arms and back which scared some of our Maltese friends into thinking that I’d caught something. A problem with the sun that I previously had on a smaller scale in the UK and my doctor advised me afterwards to have a few sunbed sessions before going again in the summer. That worked but I always came back paler than when I went and sparking off rumours because I have a tendency to stay out of the sun if I can.

Read more... Memories Of Holidays In Malta – Part Two – Where To Go

No comments: