Tuesday 27 December 2016

Is Your New Years Resolution Giving Up Smoking?



Every year thousands of people make new years resolutions to quit smoking and this year is no exception. Working in a shop that sells cigarettes, countless customers have told me that they are going to give up smoking in the new year and I know that most of them won’t succeed.

Quitting smoking is not easy, it took me 40 years to finally stop. I must have made that resolution nearly every year and the other favourite ‘I’m giving up smoking on Monday’. Neither worked for me for long, a few days and I’d be back to smelling like a stinky old ashtray. Patches worked for a few weeks, but as I worked behind a bar back in the days that smoking was allowed in pubs I practically overdosed on the added nicotine from customer’s cigarettes. Cold turkey wasn’t an option for me at all.

Read more Is Your New Years Resolution Giving Up Smoking? | Britster:

No comments: