Wednesday 10 May 2017

Malta Holidays: What You Must Not Forget When Packing For Malta – Where To Go

The island of Malta is a great all year round holiday destination for people of all ages. There is plenty of entertainment for families thoughout the island and there is enough for history buffs to enjoy on their vacation. The nightlife is great in St Julians and Sliema, fun for night owls young and old.

Malta really is a fun packed place to travel to, but what are the most important items that you need to save room for in your suitcase? The following are ‘must’ items that I would take with me during the hot steamy summer months. essentials for comfort and pleasure:



Mosquito Repellent

For some reason I attract mosquitos when others on holidays in Malta with me don’t. Unfair but that’s life, so I have to prepare for the dreaded onslaught and especially if I am going to be anywhere near water at night (must stop paddling in rock pools after dark). I take a spray or cream mosquito repellent, but make sure that I choose one that doesn’t smell bad and spray all of my exposed bits when I go out in the evening and take it with me for a top up as I am usually enjoying the nightlife for more than a couple of hours.



On one of my Malta holidays, in a big rush to get out to the bars on the first evening I forgot to spray the bare bits in between my sandal straps and had so many bites that my feet became badly infected, very swollen and painful. I had to borrow some bigger sandals from my friend for the rest of that holiday. I also take a plug in mosquito killer for where I sleep. Cream and spray mosquito repellents wear off over time and if the slightest bit of juicy bare skin is exposed while you are sleeping it’s the signal for an all out mossy attack!



Read more:  Malta Holidays: What You Must Not Forget When Packing For Malta – Where To Go

No comments: