Wednesday 24 May 2017

Living With Osteoarthritis, How I Deal With Osteoarthritis Of The Knees

I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in my knees nearly 5 years ago and apparently it’s the most common form of arthritis in the UK. The condition Osteoarthritis is also known as degenerative arthritis or degenerative joint disease. Take your pick, whatever the name it can be very painful. Osteoarthrosis, is a joint disease resulting from the breakdown of joint cartilage and the underlying bone. The most common symptoms are joint pain and stiffness and don’t I know it!

Early Joint Pain

I have had problems with my knees aching ever since I was a teenager 40 odd years ago. I believe that it developed from damage caused by falling on my knees and then working as a sewing machinist from the age of 15 – my knees were terribly stiff after working for hours on a machine. I can remember my knees locking and it being quite painful to straighten my legs after 8 hours of sewing. My knees would make a cracking noise like when somebody cracks their knuckles when I straightened my legs. The doctor didn’t do anything, just said that it was damaged cartilages that would probably cause me a lot of pain when I was older.



Read more Living With Osteoarthritis, How I Deal With Osteoarthritis Of The Knees

No comments: