Friday 13 January 2017

Party Bubbles for Party Favours


As far back as 400 years ago soap bubbles have been used in play. You can see that if you check out 17th century Flemish paintings that show kids using clay pipes to blow bubbles.

A painting of a child enjoying playing with bubbles by John Everett Millais was used by the London Pears soaps company in an advertising campaign in 1886. You can get your own copy if you click on the picture on the left.

In the 1940s Chemtoy, a company based in Chicago started to manufacture and sell a bubble solution which has been extremely popular with kids ever since. An industry estimate is that around 200 million bottles are sold each and every year.

I can remember blowing bubbles back when I was a youngster nearly 60 years ago. My mum used to top up the bubbles tubs with Fairy liquid and water to prolong my fun. Then when my daughter was around one I can remember sitting on the doorstep outside with her blowing bubbles together. She used to get so excited as the pretty coloured bubbles emerged.

Party Bubbles for Party Favour – Top Toy Site

No comments: