Tuesday 22 November 2016

Floods, Power Cuts and Image Making

http://toptoysite.co.uk/category/games/


Click on me for details of some great party games for kids and adults

Yesterday was quite a day. I designed the image on the left, we had a power cut and it rained so much that there were floods in the area and some of the roads were blocked. Even the road to the hospital was blocked still today, which is worrisome. Airedale hospital was opened in July 1970. I can vaguely remember before the building started in 1966 that the land that the hospital was built on flooded in winter. I was only a child then but I have this picture in my head of flooded fields.

Airedale hospital is about 4 miles outside the town centre and when it opened it replaced 2 hospitals in the town. With the road flooding it makes me wonder if it would have been safer to build it in Keighley, but I guess that would have been well researched in the planning.   read more....

No comments: