Monday 28 January 2008

Progress

I've been very lax with this blog lately, too much to do and not enough time to do it in. I've made lots of progress which I will tell you about.

I rebuilt my membership sites Eprofits Centre and Articles Abroad on my new server. It was very time consuming, but the good news is that an upgrade of the Memberspeed software had just come out with added features, so the result is that the sites are now better than before and with more features still to be added.

I've been adding articles to both sites and there are now quite a lot of free digital downloads on Eprofits Centre. I made some products available for visitors to access which is good for rebrandable ebooks of my own and site members. So far there are just 2 levels of membership and one is free. Soon I will add another level of membership where those members can resell memberships at 100% profit should they choose.

I've noticed 2 things with the more developed site Eprofits Centre. First of all the articles are getting more hits than on the main directory. I think that is because the site is optimised for business and computer related articles and the software also lets me optimise the individual categories as well as each article. Another thing is that when I posted a mini review or comment to one of the articles hits shot up. I don't know why but in the software sales bumff you are told that it has been especially designed to add stickiness to sites built with it.

The review manager is an excellent add on. Members can review and give feedback or add information to articles, products, audio and video. Reviewers can set up a profile with up to 5 of their website links included, though I might increase that.

I'm still finding my way around the Memberspeed software but I'm glad that I splashed out for it and can see that it will help me to fulfill many of my business aims.

No comments: